I’m lucky enough to have my dad with me this Sunday for Father’s Day, so I've decided to make a special brunch for him. It’s a win-win because he loves my healthy cooking, and I’ll be able to enjoy brunch with my dad while staying healthy, avoiding the heavy meals that I KNOW we would splurge on if we went out for brunch.
So as I prepare my Father’s Day brunch menu with some of my favorite healthy substitutions, I wanted to share my recipes with you. I know they will come in handy, whether it’s for this Father’s Day or for a fun Sunday brunch with friends... which are especially popular in the summer! You can enjoy some mimosas if you wish, but by keeping the food menu healthy (and based on home-cooked food) you’ll be saving yourself a lot of calories, belly-aches, and money!
Here is my HEALTHY BRUNCH MENU – all free of gluten, dairy, added sugars, and filled with nutrition (with options for vegan and non-gluten-free).
- Kale Pancakes with herbed cashew cream and smoked salmon
- Colorful Veggie Omelet
- Avocado Toast with chia
- Banana Flax Pancakes
- Almond Toast with cinnamon & flax
- Fresh Berries with lime, mint and a delicious coconut cream
- Coconut Chia Pudding (a MUST try if you haven't already!)
- Kale Pancakes with Herbed Cashew Cream & Smoked Salmon:
- Vegetable Omelet (with herbed cashew cream - optional):
- Avocado Toast - gluten-free or sprouted-grain toast (I like Food for Life) with mashed avocado and a superfood kick:
- Banana Flax Pancakes - my gluten-free, high-fiber, vegan, yet still high-protein version:
- Almond Toast: gluten-free or sprouted-grain toast with almond butter, cinnamon and a little added fiber & omega-3's:
NOTE: I suggest making your own almond butter by roasting raw almonds for 10 minutes (at around 350 degrees F), then blending them in a food processor; it' so easy! If you purchase it, opt for one with no added sugar or oils.
- Fresh mixed berries - with mint, lime and coconut cream:
- Coconut Chia Pudding - a coconut version of my favorite Chia Pudding:
And there you have it! I promise you the recipes are not difficult, so give them a shot, adjusting to your liking if needed, and ask me if you have questions (about substitutions or other things)! There is no reason why brunch can't be healthy (even detox-friendly) and still delicious!